Monday 10 January 2011

Ask Closet Queen

The highlight of my work as a stylist is getting to discover new and amazing finds before anyone else and of course, being able to share my knowledge with you. 

I get a lot of style advice questions sent to Closet Queen, some of them more than others, so over the next few weeks I am going to be featuring the answers of the most requested in this ever evolving world of fashion, beauty and lifestyle.

Question: I am going for a weekend city break to Barcelona, what should I pack?

Anywhere in Europe at this time of year is going to be chilly, so wrapping up in style is a must. My advice would be to take lots of warm clothes including accessories and layering is key.

1 - Start with a pair of smart leggings and skinny indigo jeans. Both of these can be dressed up from day into evening. 

 2 - Long sleeve T’s and Chunky Knits will enable you to layer should the weather change.



 3 - A feminine top or blouse for a romantic evening meal
4 - My vote for a coat will always be a long trench

5 - Accessories are a must and my picks are a stylish scarf, leather gloves and cross body bag to safely secure your belongings.
6 - My choice of footwear is a riding style boot as all that walking will warrant something comfortable and a chic court for nightime glamour.



All these items are items are day-to-night appropriate so you can walk around the beautiful city in style and also leave you with enough space in your suitcase for all that new shopping!










No comments:

Post a Comment